Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Box Set - itis: Chucky The Complete Collection (blu-ray)


I have pretty much zero familiarity attached to the Child's Play franchise, except when I was in my younger days I did watch the original and Bride of Chucky. I remember watching Bride one night when I spent the night at my friend Wokas' house when we were in 6th or 7th grade, and we went to a video rental place in Bolingbrook (RIP) by the name of Sona Video. Damn, I wish that place was still there. I remember somehow getting away with renting Bride of Chucky that night. His mom was always cool with those sorts of things. My mom would never let us get away with craziness like that. Anyway, we watched it when we got back to his house and we pretty much made fun of it and tore it apart the whole time. Neither of us liked it or really gave a shit about what was going on. Hell, we didn't know what was going on anyway except for when Jennifer Tilly was on screen. That was probably the only time either of us ever payed any sort of real attention. Bozongas. Yowza. Anyway, now that I have the entire set on blu-ray, I can watch all of the films from beginning to end and see what I've pretty much been missing this whole time. I know the original is a classic. Christopher Sarandon? C'mon zits and zombies!  

Price I paid: $47.99

Where did I find it?: Best Buy (Joliet, IL)

Print: Universal/MGM

Run#: The pen is royal blue. Stop waving those love melons in my face, Jennifer. I'm going to get hurt.

Movies included: Child's Play1-3, Bride of Chucky, Seed of Chucky, Curse of Chucky

Is it worth it?: I'm sure if you've been a die hard fan of Chucky since the 80's, then yes, probably. It's always a fun time when a studio is able to put out an entire franchise they own into print for it's fans to purchase, and this isn't any different. I'm just excited that I have it to spend some time watching the whole series from beginning to end and see if I'm a Chucky fan or not. 

Final: If you've been a fan of this series after all these years and have always wanted them all in one spot, now is the time. If you think about it, 50 bucks isn't to bad considering there are 6 films in this set. And if you want to pay less than that even you can always opt for the dvd version. But why do that when there is a blu-ray print? Some people are just to cheap for their own good. I'm off to watch Jen Tilly's breasts bounce around. Catch you zits and zombies later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment