Monday, June 15, 2015

Arena



I've randomly seen the box art for this on facebook in the past (when I was still on facebook) and even thought the cover art really isn't too detailed or exciting to really look at, the whole idea of this movie in general just struck me as a really cheesy 80's fighting flick that just had to be fun to watch. And of course, I was correct as usual. I'm not completely sure on this, but I think the only way you can get this on dvd is in the Shout Factory four pack that also has America 3000, Eliminators and The Time Guardian. I still haven't watched any of those three yet, but I will eventually. I actually really bought this set so I could watch America 3000 because, being the massive GoodBadFlicks fan that I am, Cecil did an episode covering America 3000 and it looked wild. But I was drawn to Arena first because the idea of giant rubber aliens and monsters fighting each other for glory in an arena just sounded like a good time.

This fight right here at the beginning instantly makes me think of the infinitely horrible Fighting Masters on the Sega Genesis.

I wish intergalactic arena fighting was real.

This guy has been watching arena fighting a little too much on tv.

"How many kids you got?" "27." Sweet Jesus, and I thought the Duggers were an overblown family!

I wish I had four hands sometimes.

Ah, gambling. Even in the future people love to lose their money.

Quinn looks way hotter in that brown mini dress than in whatever the hell that outfit was in the beginning.

Holographic burlesque is the worst.

Weasel really annoys me.

I love the alien designs and special effects in this film.

Comedians in space suck.

There are some scenes in this that make me feel like I'm watching Star Trek.

This isn't a house or an apartment! It's a freaking plant nursery!

   If you like movies or video games or anything that has to do with people fighting, this is a movie you just have to sit down and watch. It's alot more entertaining than that crappy live action Street Fighter movie with Jean Claude Van Damme (but then again, alot of movies are) and I'm really glad that someone wasn't dumb enough to try to make a sequel because it would've been trash. Get it in the four pack with the other movies I mentioned earlier and you'll have one hell of a movie night. Especially with Arena.

No comments:

Post a Comment