Monday, June 8, 2015

Kung Fury (short)



What can I say about the 31 minute short, Kung Fury? It's got to be the most balls out, straight up love affair 80's tribute short film I've probably ever seen! The only reason I even heard about it was my brother texted sometime last week and let me know that I had to look up Kung Fury. And I did. And I squealed like a little school girl because of the ridiculousness of it all and just the heavy handedness of the 80's references that was squeezed into a half an hour. What an achievement. Laser Unicorns, pat yourselves on the back because just from this short alone, I think you guys are going places.


A cop car flipped into the air with a skateboard and then completely blown to pieces with machine guns mid-flip?! Sweet!

Killer arcade cabinets!

I love the worn out vhs editing that went into this.

Kung Fury has to be the greatest damn cop of all time. Except Robocop. I don't even think John McClane or Carl Winslow are better than Robocop.

Who does this guy think he is? Shinobi??

Triceracop?! This gets better by the minute!

Goddamn I remember when cell phones were that huge.

Hitler shoots a gun through the phone and the bullets come out the other end into the police station and tear up the place?? Hahahhaaaa!!

POWER GLOVE!!!!!!! 

Laser raptors, viking chicks with bone armor, mini guns and t-rex's as steeds?!?!??! My head is spinning!

 Sweet Jesus, I absolutely loved this short. Everything about it just oozes 80's and over the top action. There's even David Hasselhoff. Yeah, that's right folks. Hasselhoff is here as well. There is so much content smashed into the 31 minutes that this short takes up that I literally could not keep up with it when I was taking notes, nor did I want to. I didn't want to spoil everything for you! Please, just go look this up online somewhere and watch it. There's no way in hell that you'll regret it unless you have no sense of humor or fun. If your a gamer on Steam, you can watch it for free on there as well. Crazy. Now go make some popcorn.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment