Monday, March 7, 2016

Gut


I'm still struggling to find the appropriate words to start this post off about the film Gut. It just, I don't know. I understand why the pace was the way it was, and I understand why certain scenes were kept in as apposed to being tossed on the cutting room floor. Even after considering all of that, it still just felt mal-adjusted. Off center. Not right. I didn't like it. It ended up being one of those films that tried to hard to build up tension and fear for the viewer and it really fell flat in the end. Mainly because at a certain point you could see what was going on a mile away and figured it out pretty quickly. At this point, that's all I can say about it.

 He's certainly killed someone.

A lot of jokes and pranks are created out of boredom.

Trailer diner. Classic.

His distance gets wider.

Is he gutting his wife?

"My momma gave me lunch money, so Imma headin' out."

It's never to late to dig through the archives of what you and your friends filmed together.

I think Dan is some weird, psycho killer.

This strikes me as hilarious, but that woman's blood looks like bbq sauce.

C'mon bro, your wife wants to bang, forget about Dan's shitty movie.

Friends don't let friends film, sell and distribute snuff films.

Damn, Dan sure didn't waste any time with that waitress.

 Some films are meant to be slow burners. A grinding pace sometimes helps with the overall plot and character development for about half to 3/4 of a film, with a nice, solid climax that blows your mind. But in Gut, I felt that the slower pace just really didn't help it any. I can't really put my finger on it, but it was just to easy to figure out who was killing the women and filming themselves doing so. Maybe if you've seen this movie you disagree, but I just can't recommend this to any of you, zits and zombies. Sorry. I already know where this film is ending up at the end of the year. And so do you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment