Friday, January 20, 2017

Stone Cold (VHS)


Sometimes in life we all need things to be shot or blown up. Stone Cold provides plenty of testosterone filled explosions, people getting blown away by shotguns, Harley's and biker chicks in leather. If I didn't know any better, I would have thought that Brian "The Boz" Bosworth  was one of the greatest action hero's of the 90's next to Arnold, Stallone, Van Damme, Norris and whoever else you can muster up to fill the ranks of ass-kicking, smart talkin' protagonist good guys saving lives and blowin' shiiiiiiiiittttt uuuuuupppppp. One other great, main appearance in Stone Cold is provided by none other than Lance Henriksen, who has been in other memorable roles in The Terminator, Aliens, Pumpkinhead and the voice of Admiral Steven Hackett in the Mass Effect video game series. Having two actors like Bosworth and Henriksen in the same picture is bound to be a great time, and if you can get your hands on a copy of this on any format, I suggest you do so. When I found my VHS copy at Goodwill randomly, I had no clue what it was. I never even heard of Brian Bosworth at that time, and now I'm seeking other Boz flicks. What do you know. Who knew that an ex-quarterback for the NFL could be so great at acting as a kick ass action star.

 C'mon, what did the Ritz and the Cheetohs ever do to you?

The fucking "Boz"! 

That dickhead really likes his Coca-Cola.

 William Tell with cans of Dixie beer and guns. Great biker game.

I've seen some pretty insane power shakes before, but I think the "Boz" has got it all wrong. 

No, no! Put some damn pants on!  

Never mind. I know why he wasn't wearing pants now. Lucky bastard.

Damn! He tossed that guy like he was still in the NFL!

He calls himself stone cold for a reason, motherfucker.

Scumbag #1.

"Let's just say that I saved the guy a fortune in q-tips."

Death, death, death, death....

My final say about Stone Cold is this- if you're in the mood for an action flick from the early 90's, but are bored with everything you've already seen a million times before and have never heard of it, track it down. It's the most fun I've had with cars, buildings, bikes and everything else going ka-blooey right in my face, and I will gladly watch this again when the season strikes. The only other action flick I've had this much fun with recently was Fast Gun, and I wrote a review for that quite some time ago. He may have been a lackluster quarterback when he played football, but damn it-this dude kills it in the shoot'em up films and that makes me smile ear to ear like Bozo just jizzed rainbow colored love juice all over Harley Quinn's twisted face. That was disgusting. I apologize. Now get out there and find the "Boz". He's our last hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment