Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Satanic Panic


It has been a long while since I've watched anything with Rebecca Romijn starring in it, and that goes for Jerry O'Connell as well. They are both great at what they do, and you can tell in the recent Satanic Panic that they also love what they do which lends themselves to creating some really great and real feeling characters that never hold back about their rich and evil life styles. There is a similar message in this flick compared to the insane 80's body horror classic Society where the rich stay richer by engaging and being involved in a lot of questionable acts of selfishness and perversion behind closed doors. And when $102 worth of pizza is ordered and delivered to the Ross residence by Sam, that's when this chaotic situation opens up and you're in for a funny and gory ride containing Satan worship, black magic, Rebecca Romijn in a really hot red dress for 95% of the film and Jerry O'Connell sitting on an incredibly expensive multi-sectional sofa while vaping and watching football. Sure, it doesn't sound like anything to exciting on the surface, but Satanic Panic is very well directed and written. I pretty much have nothing to complain about with this film which is also the first time in a long time, except that maybe some of the jokes here and there don't land very well, but that's extremely minor compared to everything else that this picture gets right. The gore and the special effects were incredible as well as the pace and the way everything flowed. There was little to no down time and I just wanted to keep going with it until the very end.  

Why do grown men insist on wearing skinny jeans these days.

There's always a price to pay for sex in the morning.

I didn't know that Michael Clark Duncan owned a pizzeria.

What does a sweater that smells like racism smell like? I probably don't want to know.

Shit-Rebecca Romijn looks killer in red!

 Vaping and football. I'm glad I'm not a bro.

Shooting yourself by accident is why you need to practice gun safety. Fucking idiot.

Umm.... okay. She took his heart. Literally.

I know it's not funny, but it is. Seeing a 10 year old boy get fucking punched in the face by Sam slayed me.

A drill-do! That's amazing!

"Get your big tits in gear, they know were here."

Basin Mills reminds me of Naperville. Just saying.

No-that wasn't a rip-off of the box art from Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within.

I'm convinced that this satanic ritual is real. It feels real.

 After all of the devil worship horror flicks and horror comedies that I've consumed over the last decade, for me, Satanic Panic really came out as one of the better offerings for either side of this particular coin. It really is crafted that well and the cult that Sam gets pulled into after they figure out that she's a virgin feels like a group that probably exists in real life that hasn't been found or exposed yet. All I have to say is that any cult that feels that Rebecca should wear a red dress around the whole time the way she does is a religion I'll sign up for. Produce the papers for me to sell my soul because here I come. I'm safe-I'm not a virgin or a woman so, yeah. Where's Basin Mills, again?

No comments:

Post a Comment