Saturday, August 22, 2015

Treevenge (short)





Treevenge is a Christmas horror short that's only about 16 minutes long. And what a 16 minutes it is. The way it was filmed and edited really reminded me of the all encompassing grindhouse throw-back style that's been popping up here and there lately. Mainly, I immediately thought of Hobo with a Shotgun when the title card came up along with the main music for the short and I was pretty excited and a little scared at what I was about to watch. But this short film delivered and I was in no way disappointed.

The opening has that good old 70's grindhouse setup to it. Tree montage included.

These guys are pretty hellbent on chopping down trees for Christmas!

Damn, I should be a lumberjack! Tree cutting must be that exhilarating! 

Even if trees were alive like this, would it really be that bad to be a Christmas tree?

I guess instead of human trafficking, this would be tree trafficking?

Tree rape?!

Well, I'm certainly impressed with the amount of gore in this!

"Its Christmas, I just want to fuck!"

Baby head smash, holy shit!

That ending was brutal, unexpected and unprecedented. I was completely not expecting what happened at the end to be at the end, but it actually tied it up nicely and quickly and it was all it needed. If you want something short, sweet and brutal to watch this holiday season, there's no reason not to check out Treevenge. Grindhousey killer Christmas trees. Santa better watch out this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment