Tuesday, October 6, 2015

"31 Horrors of October"- Suspiria


The very first copy of Argento's Suspiria that I picked up was actually the vhs at a place in Danville, IL called Vintage Villains. I love that place. I've only been there one time, but it was completely worth it. I think Suspiria is also one of the first Italian horror flicks that I've ever really watched along with Fucli's Zombie and Mattei's Hell of the Living Dead among others. Suspiria is definitely one of my favorite Italian horror flicks as it's just so out there and surreal in it's content and execution. That's what makes it so great. The level of bizarre happenings here is pretty high and I personally don't think Argento ever out did himself with anything before or since.

This is classic Argento through and through. The lighting, cinematography, character building-it's all here and it's truly the way that Italian horror should be done. There's a sense of atmosphere and dread that you can only get from an Argento, and Suspiria is his best hands down.

No comments:

Post a Comment