Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Blood Frenzy and confrontational therapy

 


Blood Frenzy from 1987 is a slasher I've had my eye on for a while now because of it's obscurity and also because it just seems like pretty much no one talks about it. The only main review of this piece I have really ever found is the one on Youtube by the vhs master himself-Paul of VhsCollector.com. I've been a fan of his for years now (ever since his slasherindex/divourtheflesh days) and he does really deep, thorough vhs tape reviews of films that others and myself would have never known about without him. Blood Frenzy is one those films. I really dig the Hollywood big-box as well and if somehow I ever ran across it in person in really great, minty fresh condition, I would honestly try to pick it up just to say that I have it. Because I'm a collector of these mostly unknown, bizarre glints into the wild world of horror, but also because who else besides Paul and I are really going to give two shits about a slasher from the late 80's that's still in it's big-box pretty much unscathed? Basically no one.


Everyone has their interests and what their into. Even sports. Yeah, sports.


Lisa Loring that played Wednesday Addams in the original Addams Family is a main character here in the form of a venomous lesbian that just outright hates men altogether. Once you get to the final act of this flick and start actually learning about everything that happened prior, you really get to understand why she ended up the way that she did. Psychology is a strong thing, and the "why" of it is downright fascinating. I can see her and her brothers situation in real life being probable, though on the extreme side. Zits and zombies, if you can find Blood Frenzy and dig mostly unknown slashers from the late 80's that encompass middle-aged adults making fun of each other like they are still in their early teens, jump on it. Just don't blow yourself up in the desert with a stick of dynamite. No one will be there to clean it up. Except for the vultures. They're always hungry.      

No comments:

Post a Comment