Saturday, October 7, 2017

We All Scream For Ice Cream


Finding and spending money at video rental stores these days pretty much never happens. The only main chain that I know of that is still standing is Family Video, and they are everywhere. That makes me smile. I personally think that there should be more brick and mortar video stores because there is a specific feeling when you walk in with a mission to rent something for a couple of nights. A certain magic. In Champaign, the one by our apartment was amazing-I rented plenty of horror flicks that helped me solidify me as a horror collector and fanatic: House of Bones, Silent Night Deadly Night, I Spit On Your Grave (1978) and the film for this review-We All Scream For Ice Cream. I haven't seen any of the other films or episodes in the Masters Of Horror series, but this one is just good. Every time I watch it, I have to have some kind of ice cream while I sit through it, just enhancing the experience. Maybe it's a little bit of nostalgia, but this is a welcome addition to my collection recently as I'm transported to that back room in our apartment we had. Buster the clown sells ice cream out of his ice cream truck because that's all he can really do. He is slower, you know. Of course, bad things happen to him while the main characters are kids and he comes back for revenge. 

I would love it if I could bite into a frozen ice cream sandwich and someone I hated just melted into a soupy puddle of melted ice cream.

How did you get the guy into a casket? He was a puddle of ice cream!

It is perfect outside sir.

  Every kid that has a quarter wants some ice cream.

I'm so glad my days of playing "run and puke" are over.

     Oh boy.... Layne has a glasses fetish.

 All Buster wanted was to make the kids happy.

The point of killing Buster was... because Virgil is an asshole?!

 "Should've kept your pee-pee in your pants there, daddy-o".

I'm melting! I'm melting! Oh, what a fucking world!

 The most memorable scene in We All Scream For Ice Cream has to be when Layne goes to see Virgil at his place to ask what the hell is going on with Buster-and he melts into a big puddle of ice cream in his ghetto hot-tub bath-tub thing in is living room. Shit is priceless. Honestly, as I mentioned before, there are so many scenes that involve ice cream in some sort of way that whenever I watch this, I have to eat some while I watch it. It's essential. This isn't essential horror viewing, but you zits and zombies should seek out and consume this at least once. Buster only wants to make you happy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment