Thursday, November 2, 2017

The Babysitter (Netflix Original)


As blind and random as it gets, that's pretty much how I ended up watching and taking notes for the Netflix Original horror flick The Babysitter. The trailer looked cool and the blonde that plays the babysitter is insanely hot, so of course I really had no choice but jot some shit down for this piece. Knowing next to nothing and having no expectations for something like this is absolutely the best way to plow through a great indie horror film because you get surprised and blown away at every little detail that the director wanted the audience to react to. My highest grade and remark that I can make about the quality of The Babysitter is that this is seriously like the horror version of Home Alone. Our main kid Cole is basically left home alone with his babysitter Bee while his parents go on a trip for the weekend, and he ends up witnessing Bee and her "friends" partaking in some weird and brutal shit. That's all I'm going to say because I can't ruin any of this for you zits and zombies-when there is a window of opportunity, please watch this. Gold standard. Blood of a virgin.

  Fuck the flu shot. You don't need it.

Perfect example of the internet ruining education.

Wow. Douche-bag dad alert.

Damn-his babysitter is scorching hot and a total badass! Boooooonnnnnnnneeeeeeerrrrrr!!

Yeah. The wrong word he said there was retard.

Mad Men is great. Christina Hendricks is gorgeous.

Being normal is boring.

When truth or dare goes right.

That's one helluva big cookie.

What is this, Twilight? Put a fucking shirt on dude.

 The fat dragon is either going to be amazing or a bust.

Well, it was amazing. Sweet blaze of glory, Sonya.

There's no fibbing here-The Babysitter really is an indie fear film that needs to be seen by all. If you have Netflix, now is the time. The scene where Cole blows up Sonya with the Fat Dragon firework in the crawlspace is probably my favorite scene in the whole damn thing-besides Bee making out with that hot-ass cheerleader. I mean. Yeah. I am a man. Anyways, if a distributor picks this up to print it on DVD and Blu-Ray, a copy will be on my shelf. I know it's already after Halloween, but there are always new movies to be discovered and The Babysitter would have surely made it onto my top ten indie horror film list for this past Halloween had I seen it prior. Keep using your money wisely like this Netflix-the indie horror scene needs you.   

No comments:

Post a Comment