Saturday, November 20, 2021

Secret Santa review with my friend and special guest Geoff of the Gcap Recap

 


I wrote an actual review for this a number of years ago here on the Cinema Slayer site, and for Christmas this year I wanted to revisit it to see if I still enjoyed it as much as I did the first time around. I actually think I liked it more this time as now I feel like this is a Christmas horror flick that should be absorbed by any and all fear fans that are into this sort of ruination of the holiday spirit. Secret Santa is certainly far from perfect, but even with it's intrinsic flaws, it's an amazing piece of grinding and killing all-the-way. Geoff and I point out multiple times in the video that Carissa is a hottie bad girl, Olivia is a garbage cook and Nicole is a really adventurous camgirl that has a simp following. Even before that really was a thing. Those guys really are some sad motherfuckers.


Cocaine and caffeine aside, Secret Santa shouldn't be a secret.


The gore and kills are really well done, the comedic timing of certain situations and Dwayne in particular are hilarious and there really is an ending here that I didn't see the first time I watched this and completely forgot about the second time. Zits and zombies, if there is any Christmas horror you're going to bother with towards the end of the year (in between opening presents, getting wasted and stuffing your face) make sure you keep Secret Santa in your back pocket. As a secret-or not. It's really up to you. Thanks again Geoff of the Gcap Recap for providing his beautiful voice to lend a hand in reviewing this one for the holidays. Much appreciated, son. Now I need to put my Santa suit on to scare my daughter. I love being a dad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment