Monday, September 21, 2015

Laid to Rest





This is one of those ones that I would see at Best Buy all the time randomly on dvd in the horror section and kind of just shrug it off primarily because it just looked generic. Especially in the realm of horror. Don't judge a book by it's cover! Looking at the cover art for this particular film now though as I'm a little older and am more seasoned as a horror fan, it's powerful in it's minimalism to convey the idea of what Chromeskull/Laid to Rest is all about. Gore, gore and fucking violent gore! Yes! I actually didn't expect that really when I sat down and watched this a few nights ago. I just expected some boring, uneventful Friday the 13th rip off. But that's not what this is at all.

Hey, you old bastard, how about you open the casket?

She had to look at the number on the wall to figure out that 911 was the emergency number?

No, I don't think that the guy wearing a chrome skull mask is a police officer!

This chick is fucking stupid!! 

Cindy's head being impaled to the side of the house was pretty brutal.

I'm thoroughly impressed with the brutality of Chromeskull. And her intestines are going to fall out.

First slasher villain to use a go pro to document his kills. Ah, technology.

This Steven guy looks a b grade Steve Buschemi.

Hitting a guy that is trying to kill you with a tire iron is "the dumbest thing you've ever done?" Steven doesn't get out much, does he?

 All I have to say is is that if you're a fan of heavy gore and the slasher type of horror flick, then by all means watch Laid to Rest. It's violent, gory as shit and will not disappoint in any sense except for maybe plot. That was kind of weak, but honestly does anyone watch a film like Laid to Rest for the plot anyway? Of course not. Just make sure you have some cheesy nachos ready before you get into this one. Well, that's what I ate when I watched this. Solid.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment