Monday, September 21, 2015

New Year's Evil




Yeah, I know. We haven't even made it to Halloween yet. Who gives a shit. I watch Christmas horror flicks in June for God's sake. It doesn't matter what time of the year it is for me to enjoy something, if I'm in the mood for it then I'm in the mood for it. Besides, I keep seeing the blu-ray of New Year's Evil pop up on Amazon because of my order/search history and I keep getting intrigued. A slasher flick set during new year's?? What will they think of next? I watched this on Amazon Prime Instant Video, and I honestly think I might buy that blu-ray that keeps popping up because now I know what this movie is all about-a campy 80's good time that needs to be on my shelf with all the other misfit films I have in my horror collection.

Alright, alright. I think she's wearing too much make up now.

That dripping shower is getting on my nerves.

Who does this guy think he is? Jason Voorhees?

Punk clown car?

That's not Billy Warlock, is it? No, it's Grant Cramer from Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

"Call me eeeeeevvviillllllllll."

I got news for you guys, this band isn't that heavy.

Damn, that's a hottie of a nurse if I ever saw one!

This punk band playing at this new years party on tv reminds me of The Roosters from Driller Killer. 

Mommy issues, Derek?

This heavier sound is more like it!

Fakest severed head I've ever seen.

He landed a little to perfect for jumping off of a big ass office building.

This movie is just campy 80's fun and I wouldn't have it any other way. The ending is kind of dark with the main villain hurling himself off the top of an office building (sorry for the spoiler if you haven't seen this one) but that's the direction this film goes. I've seen better, but I've also seen much, much worse. My God I've seen worse. I might even consider this somewhat of a heavy metal horror flick because one of the main focus' is on the band that's playing called "The Shadow". Some of the tunes they play during the film are on the heavier side and I much enjoyed that. Happy New Year? New Year's Evil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment