Saturday, September 26, 2015

Lost After Dark (blu-ray)



This is another sort of blind buy that I picked up at Best Buy yesterday (I say sort of because I did see the trailer and that's it) along with some other blu's that I wanted to add to my ever growing collection. The film itself is great. The quality of the blu-ray from Anchor Bay is great. However, I was disappointed in the fact that the blu has no extra's to speak of. At bare minimum, every dvd and blu should at least have a commentary of some sort and a making of or behind the scenes. Maybe I've become spoiled with this business or maybe it's what we've all come to expect from newer discs, but I just was let down by that fact. Like I said, I did however enjoy the flick as much as I thought I would and there's really nothing to complain about other than the fact that there's some tired and worn out horror cliches' in here.

 Shoved in a bear trap!

Hard ass Robert Patrick!

I love the bad girls.

Is that Samuel L. Jackson when he was 18?

The music in this cassette tape is pretty shitty for it being a "killer mix".

I don't remember rap being really relevant in the 80's. Maybe it was. I was only a small child then.

The girls were sexier in their dresses.

Adrian is beautiful. I agree with you son.

Jeepers Creepers 2, anyone?

Of course. They all go to the decrepit house in the middle of nowhere.

I bet fatty gets hooked.

Pitch black staircase down to the basement? I'm no pussy but I'll pass.

"I don't want to get eaten by a cannonball!"

The eye piercing scene in Fulci's "Zombie" is way more brutal than this one. Sorry.

Yes, the eye piercing scene in this flick is the only CGI use that I noticed and I really wasn't into it. It just wasn't that good. All the other gore and everything was practical and it worked out really well. But that eye piercing scene in here was a just a blatant rip off from "Zombie" as I stated earlier. But it's forgivable and the rest of the film was pretty enjoyable and I had a lot of fun with it, especially since it's one of those 80's, indie throwback flicks that I would much rather have in my collection than a bunch of shitty found footage or modern garbage like "Ouija" or "The Last Exorcism". Shoot me now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment