Friday, April 28, 2017

House


I've always aspired to be some sort of a writer. That's where putting this blog together comes in. Even though I never would have thought that my main focus would be horror films, collecting them or even "reviewing" them (I still don't consider these things reviews) working on this Cinema Slayer blog has really been a positive outlet for me, even though none of you deadbeats probably give two shits anyway. The reason I'm mentioning this in any capacity at all is because our main guy in House, Roger Cobb moves into a house that his aunt believed was haunted while she was alive. He needs his solitude to work on his new book pertaining to his experiences being involved in the Vietnam war, and of course while he's living there, monsters and weirdos start trying to grab at him from out of his closet and other insane happenings. The practical effects in this film are second to none, and when Big Ben comes back towards the end to exact his revenge on Roger for letting him die in the war, he's the coolest most detailed looking zombie I've ever seen. Seriously. I think that might be where Slayer got their dead solider design from for some of their t-shirts. Compare the two. You'll see what I mean.

    Victorian houses are the shit.

Grocery delivery boys don't get paid very well.

Sick art is the best art.

Rabid book fans... every community has bottom feeders.

What an inheritance.

This real estate agent has got some nerve shooting a harpoon at a potential buyer.

Living in a house that huge by myself would creep me the fuck out.

"You wanna go where everybody knows your name..."

War is hell, and then you blast charlie in a rice patty!

Literally a monster in the closet-now that's great stuff!

Harold really wants to put that sausage in his mouth.

Shit Roger... you've really done it this time.

If you've never seen House, at first viewing you're going to think that this is some type of shitty paranormal flick with no substance and no character. You would be sorely mistaken. House has everything going for it, and now that there is a complete blu-ray set with all of them, now is the time to experience them. I don't even have a copy of it, but it's on my list. If I had to choose between watching all four of these films or watching the show House with Hugh Laurie, I'm picking this. Mainly because it's horror and the t.v. show is dumb. Yeah, I said it. House the t.v. show is dumb. Stop crying, we all have our own opinions.      

No comments:

Post a Comment