Sunday, September 24, 2017

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil


I'm getting to the point with doing this that my back catalogue is becoming a mountain. Films in my collection, digitally streaming and elsewhere. When Tucker & Dale vs. Evil was first released, I had all of the plans in the world to watch it and more than likely purchase myself a copy for my shelf. But of course because of time and life, that never happened. Friends of mine in the horror community told me that I needed to watch it. It still slipped by me. Copies of it at Walmart were $9.99, $7.50 and $5.00. Netflix had it on a few years ago, took it away, and recently brought it back. I finally sat my blood drenched ass down and took some notes for it. I'm glad I did. The entire central nervous system that revolves around Tucker & Dale vs. Evil is basically all irony and mishap. The scene where one of the college kids jumps head first right at Tucker, misses and launches right into the woodchipper is not only brutal but hilarious because the way it's played out is made to look like Tucker is shoving the kid in there when in reality, he's trying to get him out. All of the comedy in this film is like this and it makes for a very fun horror picture that doesn't take itself to seriously. 

Here we go with more found footage garbage.

Shut up you frat/sorority dipshits.

This gas station looks like the original Cracker Barrel.

Dale, you have a scythe. C'mon man.

Yeah, he was a real archeologist.

  PBR isn't that great of a beer anyways.

You are cut from a different cloth. The asshole, douche-bag cloth.

Bees! Not the bees!

Finally-an actual woodchipper massacre.

Ha, ha! The sheriff is an actual blockhead!

See what happens when people are misjudged? All kinds of wrong happens.

Dumbest group of college kids of all time.

 Now that I have finally viewed Tucker & Dale vs. Evil, all I can say to you zits and zombies is that I should've watched it when I had the chance years ago. High entertainment doesn't spring up to much anymore and I felt like this film delivered. There were some cheesy cliche's of course, but what movie of this ilk doesn't contain such proceedings? Very few. All I can say is that if you were (or still are) pushing against the grain in terms of social hierarchy or being bullied because of your individuality, then this pus filled pustule is for you. Because preppy frat/sorority types just need to be slayed in some form or fashion, and this whole movie brings the goods in droves. Die yuppie scum. If a favorite of yours happens to be Shaun of the Dead, than search no further. This is the warm blanket you have been looking for. Just don't plunge head first into a woodchipper. Tucker won't be able to pull you out.     

No comments:

Post a Comment