Monday, May 11, 2015

Mr. Jones



While out thrifting with my buddy Scott this past Friday, I saw a dvd copy of the horror film Mr. Jones. And then I remembered that I had put it on my list of movies to watch for Cinema Slayer and that I recently saw that it was on Netflix. I'm pretty glad that I watched it on there instead of doing a good old blind buy because it would've been the same story as the movie Nurse 3D (if you haven't read my post about that, go read it!) It's another one where the plot sounded interesting and the cover art looked cool, but I was just let down at the end overall.

Please, this better not be another found footage horror movie.

I forgot to take my meds, and I didn't know what this movie was about either.

Penny and Scott moved to the woods for a whole year to work on their relationship. Interesting.

Why would you lay your car keys down on a rock and not keep them in your pocket? That random guy just stole them!

These scarecrows or sculptures or whatever they're supposed to be are actually pretty cool looking.

So, is Mr. Jones an artist or what?

Penny is pretty sexy.

I'm sick of hearing the name Scott.

Of course, back into Mr. Jones' basement to finish your documentary.

  Catacombs under the basement? Cool!

Lights out Scott, you're screwed.

I know that this movie won an award at the Tribeca Film Festival in 2003, but my question is why. I just felt like I didn't care the whole time and that I was just kind of sloshing my way through to the end just to write down some notes, hoping the end credits would roll sooner than later. This is hopefully the first and last pseudo-found footage horror film that I'll ever make myself watch. They're just so cookie cutter and bland. If you like movies like Project X, Quarantine, Blair Witch, VHS and the like you'll probably like this. I didn't care for it. Shame on you Anchor Bay for distributing this on your label. 

No comments:

Post a Comment