Monday, May 18, 2015

The Dentist


For some oddball reason, I saw that both Dentist films were on Netfilx for a brief period of time, and I immediately became intrigued by the idea that there was a small series of horror movies with a main character as a dentist. And with Corbin Bernsen as that dentist, I honestly had no freaking idea what to expect. I actually expected these two movies to be complete shit, but what I found was quite the opposite. I enjoyed both Dentist films immensely and will assuredly will be getting copies of them on dvd whenever the chance arises.

 Brian Yuzna?! The only movie from him I've ever watched has been Society! Cool!

This guy must be a really good dentist. His house is sick.

The shit from their septic tank was even in the car? Wrong.

Nice 9 you got there Dr. Feinstone.

 That hallway looks like miles instead of feet when you've got something to hide, son.

Damn, the doc is losing his shit.

"I remember my first time to the dentist. I bit him." "We charge extra for that."

Ken Foree? Awesome!

I have a feeling he's doing this to his wife for no good reason. She didn't actually cheat on him, he's just a fucking psycho. I could, however, be completely wrong.

Pulled her teeth out one by one. Holy shit.

And her tongue was in the pool.

All Sarah wanted was to have her braces removed.

  Like I said in the opening paragraph, I really wasn't expecting anything exciting or entertaining at all. But I was pleasantly surprised by pretty much how everything panned out in the first Dentist film. Great pacing, solid editing, fantastic acting (especially on Corbin Bernsen's behalf) even though, in the grand scheme the story itself wasn't really wholly original. Corbin Bernsen really stole the show as a high end dentist that loses his shit because of being stressed from his practice and everything gets all tied up in and on itself towards the end of the film leading into the sequel. It better be as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment