Sunday, July 26, 2015

Savage Weekend



I really watched Savage Weekend as a curiosity more than anything. Every time I go on my Amazon Prime Instant Video, it's always there staring at me in the horror section and I finally ended up watching it. Was it worth it? Ehh, not really. I found it to be kind of flat and didn't really have a lot going on until towards the end when the killer in the mask finally shows up. It actually kind of made me think it was a bland, un-entertaining version of "Don't Go in the Woods Alone!". With a name like Savage Weekend, you'd think there would be some decent savagery, but there really wasn't. I did watch it during this past weekend though, so I guess it got it half right.

 This is some pretty terrible banjo music.

Even in the 70's, the fruits were a focus.

I'd be pretty embarrassed if I got my ass beat by a gay guy in a bar. To be fair though, he really did kick those guys' asses!

What kind of a prank is nailing a dead bat to a door?

"You get lonely, you get weird."

I swear, the more I watch 70's and 80's horror, the more I realize women back then were way hotter.

So, back then you could go up to any random woman that was laying out in the nude and do her. I wish it was that free these days.

Otis is lonely. So that means that he's weird.

This Matt guy is pretty blunt and straight forward. I love it.

I'd love to make mud pies with Shirley.

Jay is just hanging around in the barn.

I wish there was more to this film, but honestly there isn't. Even after the killer shows up in that weird looking halloween mask, the kills and the ending are still pretty uneventful and uninspired and I just didn't get a build up or a crescendo out of it. If you're interested or have already been a fan of this film for quite sometime, its actually going to be released on blu-ray sometime soon. I will not be purchasing it. Have a savage week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment