Sunday, July 5, 2015

The Deadly Spawn



I've had my eye on this movie for quite some time. Ever since I ran across the trailer by accident on Youtube a couple of years ago, it really seemed like a film that I just had to add to my collection. I finally got around to ordering a copy of Amazon recently, and I'm pretty glad that I bought the Synapse dvd instead of the Elite blu-ray because I've heard nothing but bad things about the video transfer that Elite did with the BD. Either way, this movie kicks ass and I now believe that it's essential viewing for horror fans. There's a lot of really great things going on in this film, and it really feels like the cult classic that it has become.

 Why are these two guys together in a tent? Is this brokeback mountain?

That was an optimistic opening.

The wallpaper in this house makes me want to vomit.

Jesus Christ, and I thought the seepage in my basement was bad!

I'm pretty impressed with the gore effects in this film so far.

The deadly spawn alien is freaking cool looking!

Well, Charlie's mom's face got eaten apart by all the baby aliens. Cheaply and brutally.

I think I just witnessed the worst pick up attempt ever filmed.

That's one thirsty spawn.

The green sauce looks like the green shit from the Troll movies!

Her head was torn off!

The final battle between Charlie and the deadly spawn kicked ass!!

I absolutely loved this damn movie! I really did not expect to like it so much, but I can already tell that this movie will benefit from me watching it multiple times and I already foresee myself doing so. The gore and special effects are beyond anything I expected just judging from the trailer and there actually was a pretty decent helping of tension and dread from the time the spawn shows up in Charlie's basement. If you have been curious about this film for a while like I have been, please buy a copy of the Synapse dvd. There's no way it can fail you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment