Monday, June 29, 2015

976-Evil



I always thought that the only horror flick that Stephen Geoffreys was in was the original Fright Night. What a monumental 80's horror classic. I hated his character in that film though. Evil Ed was fucking annoying. But he stands out in his own annoying way and I'm glad he gets killed. He does have a cool werewolf transformation scene however. Anyway, enough with Fright Night. This post is supposed to be about 976-Evil. This is yet another movie I borrowed from my esteemed colleague, Steven (Champaign). Not only does it have Stephen Geoffreys, it was directed by Robert Englund as well, and he did a damn fine job. Phone horror. You gotta love it.

Damn, that's one evil pay phone!

I wish the theaters around here would have an all night horror marathon for $1.99.

Hoax is sheltered like a motherfucker.

I'm not so sure about it raining fish.

Swirley!

Hoax crashed into the fence on his moped. What a freakin' loser.

What a pervert, Hoax is!

I'm in the mood for a really greasy pizza right about now.

This is the product of someone who has all of their natural ideas, thoughts and emotions repressed because of religion. A pentagram in his bedroom with his tarantula. 

This phone call service place looks like a horrible place to work.

Hoax's mom is the quintessential cat lady.

"Would it be possible to enter the game with a pair of hearts?"

After revisiting this movie again last night, I completely forgot how much of a gem this film is. I consider it a hidden gem. I really haven't heard anyone talk about this movie in any horror circles or pages that I've seen online, and I actually think that's a bit of a shame. What can you do? Buy a copy and watch it. Then call 976-Evil. Maybe hell will freeze over in your home.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment