Monday, June 29, 2015

Trick or Treat



I fucking love this movie. Correction. My wife and I fucking love this movie. We've watched this movie so many times that I didn't even really need to take notes to write this post. I really didn't even need to write this post at all to be honest, but I just felt like I had to to make the blog a little more complete. And I owed it to my friend Steven (Champaign) because this is the very first movie that I ever borrowed from him while I was living down there. It's the movie that got me into this hobby, it's the movie that made me realize that movies don't always have to be high quality or A grade to be entertaining, and it's the first metal horror movie I ever watched, so I hold it dear to my little, gory, black heart. I remember he sold me on one line: "It has Ozzy and Gene Simmons in it!" That was all I needed for me to tell him to bring it to work so I could borrow it. And now I'm a horror fanatic. Thank you Steven. Thank you.

I wish Sammi Curr was real.

Judas Priest, Anthrax, Dee Snider... there's a lot of awesome heavy metal references in this movie.

Rodger is the nerdiest metal head I've ever seen.

How dare you tear up a Defenders of the Faith poster!

Gene Simmons as "Nuke". Too bad he's only in it for a couple of minutes. Boo-hoo.

 I would not attend a pool party with a bunch of preppy assholes.

Getting revenge on the jocks is so sweet.

"Where are your balls today, white power?"

Fucked by a goblin!

Ozzy as a moral crusader! That's hilarious!

The practical effects when Sammi first shows up are pretty bad ass!

I love when Rodger vacuum's that old lady's body!

Boom mic!

"Wooooooooaaaaaaaaahhhhh!"

"Going to a party??"

Seriously, if you're into 80's horror and heavy metal, and haven't seen or heard of Trick or Treat, get on that shit. Right now. You won't regret it one bit. There are a ton nods to old thrash, hair and death metal bands in Ragman's bedroom in certain scenes that any serious metal head would appreciate. Keep it heavy. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment