Monday, June 15, 2015

Maniac Cop



Ever since I got into this horror/cult movie collecting hobby, I've been hearing about and seeing the blu-rays of all three Maniac Cop films, but never really bothered to give one of them a try until this past weekend. I watched the original on Hulu Plus, and I've got to say, I thought it was fantastic. You could totally tell it was put out in the 80's- it just had that feeling about it right from the start. The music, acting, dialogue, pretty much everything screamed 80's. I love this stuff. Once the movie started, I couldn't stop until I made it to the end. And it helped that it has Bruce Campbell and Robert Z'dar. Yeah. That's right. A Z'dar movie.

Tom Atkins? Nice!

Bruce Campbell? 'Nuff said.

I hate street punks.

So, the punks try to mug this chick, and then the cop chokes her out. There really is no justice I guess.

The coroner's mullet is hideous.

This is a pretty shitty part of New York. Actually, the whole city is like this, isn't it?

Suffocated in wet concrete!

Forget to change the oil in your car?

Bruce Campbell is the shit.

I think this just turned into an episode of Cheaters.

Man, this cop just won't go down. Even with two guns unloaded into him at once.

The relationship between the older police woman and Matt is pretty strange.

"You always take a leak with a gun in your hand? That's a good way to blow your balls off."

I really enjoyed Maniac Cop and I will probably either watch the other two online somewhere or just buy all three of the blu-rays so I can have the whole trilogy in my collection. I can't think of too many horror movies that focus on a cop being the villain, and I think this movie is really all you need. I just need to watch the sequels. Just remember: Bruce Campbell, Tom Atkins and Robert Z'dar. That should be three good enough reasons to at least check out the original movie. There are some pretty cool kills in this as well as Tom Atkins and Bruce being dick characters. Move along now.

No comments:

Post a Comment