Monday, June 15, 2015

Don't Open 'Till Christmas



I'm a pretty big fan of Christmas horror. Next to SOV, it's probably my second favorite sub-genre of horror film, but to be 100% honest, I really don't know why. It's not like I hate Christmas, I actually really love it! It's my favorite holiday of the year next to Halloween. Maybe it's the idea that even though Christmas is supposed to be happy, cheerful, warm and safe, Christmas horror films bring the idea to the front that no matter what day of the year it is, bad things can and will happen. Actually, Christmas every year has the highest murder and suicide rates of any other holiday during the year. Mostly because of the end of the year stress of trying to play Santa by rushing and running up and down God's green earth to find what everyone wants to make the holiday special. Or you could be like the weirdo in this movie and just kill every single person dressed as Santa because you were traumatized as a kid. Hmm, sounds like Christmas Evil, no? I should do a post on that movie as well. That's another badass Christmas horror flick.

  Darth Vader is out to kill Santa, eh?

I'm glad someone decided to burn the ugliest Santa statue I've ever seen.

Is this a Halloween party or a Christmas party?

That was the most blank and un-emotional response to someone getting speared in the back of the head I've ever witnessed.

Spontaneously combusting after being forced face down into a hot coal grill. That's certainly different.

  CREEPIEST MASK EVER.

 "Oh no, they're coming! They'll think were a couple of gays!"
 
ULTRA COCK BLOCK!

I'd like to visit this London Dungeon place sometime.

 This movie has so many red herrings.

Man, I thought the castration scene in the original I Spit On Your Grave was painful to watch! Dear Lord...

On the front cover of the dvd and vhs of this movie, it reads "from the producers of "Pieces"". There are a few little things here and there were it just feels like it might have been the Christmas version of that movie, except without the nude woman puzzle and the chainsaw. That movie has more gore as well. Anyway, on Amazon there are reviews from various people stating that the video quality on this particular print for the dvd is "grainy" and "some parts are unwatchable." Those people are wrong. The anamorphic transfer looks and sounds pretty clean if you ask me. If you love or even slightly like Christmas horror, do yourself a favor and order this dvd. You won't regret it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment