Monday, June 1, 2015

Prophecy



I just remember seeing the scene in Prophecy randomly on Youtube (like a lot of things these days) where a kid gets freaking smashed into a rock while he's bouncing around in his sleeping bag. I thought it was hilarious and ridiculous. It stuck in my mind for quite a while and I kind of made it a small quest to try to find some kind of a hard copy of this movie, whether it be vhs or dvd. Didn't matter. I just wanted to watch this movie based on that scene alone because what kind of horror film has a giant mutated bear-thing smash a small child into a rock while he's prancing around in his sleeping bag? A damn good movie called Prophecy, that's what.

Did that dog seriously just jump off a cliff?!

That monster sounds like a boss!

What a beautiful cellist.

Man this city is a shit hole.

I know this isn't an italian horror movie, but the way it was filmed sure makes it feel like one.

I never thought I would ever hear the name Kelso besides in That 70's Show.

The song "Indians" from Anthrax comes to mind all of a sudden.

That's one pissed off raccoon.

I'm sorry, but that main guy in this movie looks like Bob Ross.

Biggest tadpole EVER. 

This paper processing plant is pretty huge and complex. Just like this movie at this point.

That kid was smashed against that rock! Holy shit!!

Would you tell him you're pregnant already?!

I really dig the look of this mutated bear-monster thing. It looks vicious.

I absolutely love this freaking movie. It's one of those where you really have to pay attention and watch it more than once to really soak it all in and appreciate everything it has to offer. I really didn't know what to expect, but what you get is a really solid cautionary tale about industry corruption and world pollution because of it. So well directed, acted, written and the special effects are top notch. I will seriously be watching this again very, very soon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment