Sunday, November 20, 2016

Bloody Birthday


(Requested by: Dustin Shipanik)

There are a lot of horror flicks that have the word "massacre" in the title. And, I'm starting to find out that there are also a lot with the word "bloody" as well. I had my usual pre-emptive ideas about what was going to happen in Bloody Birthday-a party, lots of hot 80's girls, nudity, teen sex, alcohol, blood and people getting killed because someone has to assume that job in these kinds of movies. Well, some of that shows up in this flick, but in all truth here, I really was kind of disturbed by the fact that Debbie, Steven and Curtis have no conscience what-so-ever. It's also difficult to be able to get kids like this thrown in prison (or better yet, death row) because they are minors and kids love to lie, cheat and steal. And they are all innocent, sweet and kind, right? Wrong. This shows right here that no matter what age anyone is, they can be just as much of a murderer as anyone who is an adult. And if they are just naturally born with some kind of blood-lust, it's over. I actually enjoyed Bloody Birthday because it has every inclination to be a serious scare film-and for me, it worked. Just the premise alone is disturbing. Three kids that love to kill. Talk about being born under a bad sign.

Hellooooo, nurse!

Would a solar eclipse really effect the birth of a baby?

I've played this ambulance game before, I just never knew that's what it was called.

Kiss-ass.

If it's a school night, why would the sheriff ask an entire class of grade school kids if they were in the cemetery late at night?

"What if she catches us?" "No way, all of her brains are in her bra."

This is the first nerdy-ass kid I've ever seen in a movie that has some balls. Bravo, sir. Bravo.

Everyone is a peeping tom. Let's be honest with ourselves.

Torn from the pages of Friday the 13th.

A bed sheet ghost, driving a car, trying to run over Joyce in the junkyard. I don't know whether to laugh or clap. Eh, I'll do both.

Astronomy. Great Blue Oyster Cult song. Not so great for children being born. 

 This is going to sound sick on my part, but the scene where Joyce finds Curtis in the kitchen covering all of the cakes with to much frosting and a bottle of ant poison in his hand, kind of made me wonder if they were going to go in the route of Jim Jones. I mean, the whole town was there celebrating the birthday of Debbie, Curtis and Steven, and they were all downing that cake like they never ate any before. And if Curtis really did put ant poison in the frosting-Jonestown Massacre all over again. That's actually what I was hoping for. But, nope. The one time he could've committed a huge kill all at once was wasted. I'm disappointed in you Curtis. I thought you were better than that. Bloody Birthday has some creepy and perverted moments that make me glad it made it's way onto blu-ray. Cake for everyone! Just don't invite Curtis. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment