Monday, March 12, 2018

Hell Night (blu-ray)


I need to start going to the library more often. If the branch of the public library is going to start carrying such Scream Factory goodies as Hell Night on blu-ray, then they are just going to end up being another source of films for me to rent, consume and spit out readily for another horror fiend to come along. This was one that I kept seeing random ads for in various places online before it's release, and the very last place that I thought I would have found a copy was most definitely the library. Slopping down notes for this film while drinking beer and thinking about how I rented this for free was the pinnacle of my days off last week as Hell Night pulled itself up into my personal ranks of being qualified for occupying another empty space on my shelf where all of the rest of my blu-rays reside. Up until I watched this a week ago, really the only film I had ever viewed starring Linda Blair was the original Exorcist. I never paid much attention before, but in this picture she is hot. And I mean sexy hot. Looks aside though, Linda has always been able to act her ass off and is a great lead female in this film, and I do now consider this to be an 80's horror classic. I can't believe that I had never seen or even heard of Hell Night before randomly seeing it online or getting it from the library. See-I did learn something while I was there. And I didn't even have to read.

Scream for one helluva party!

Making out in cars is an American tradition.

Dammit Robin Hood, that's not how you pour a beer into a stein!

Cool story bro. Let's get into the house already.

Hot 80's chicks want to keep me warm? Offer accepted.

Right in the ass with an arrow-Robin Hood, what aim!

 Joining a Frat doesn't build relationships for the rest of your life-it turns you into a fucking douche-bag.

Oh man-off with her head!

It's difficult to be scared of a guy that has a fake parrot on his shoulder.

As hard as those beds look, I'd rather sleep on the floor.

Hey Pete-this really was a Hell Night. Thanks for setting it up.

What you get with this slice of the 80's is this-two female pledges and two male pledges want to join this Frat house. So they attend the party at the beginning of the film, get semi-wasted and whatever else people do at parties, and then everyone (literally everyone) from the party gets into their vehicles completely sloshed and drive up to the Garth Manor. The president of the Frat is telling everyone the story of the Garth family killing themselves and each other and all that craziness. And of course, in order for the four pledges to become members they have to spend the entire night in the Garth Manor-and the next morning, they're in. That's it. Of course there's sex, alcohol, dumb college humor and Linda Blair boasting some amazing cleavage. Seriously. Couldn't keep my eyes off of it. Even if you're not completely a horror fan, I'd say any zit or zombie would get a kick out of Hell Night. But if you are, it just makes it taste all the more sweeter. Hotchka. Wayne, where's my pea soup? Aw, forget it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment