Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Sorority House Massacre


If you're a fan of really cheesy and mildly spicy nachos, then Sorority House Massacre might be for you. As another release from Concorde back in the mid 80's, this film is basically a filler between movies from another franchise put out by them entitled Slumber Party Massacre (which is infinitely better in my opinion) but the sorority variety does offer a decent time-what with the usual tropes of hot 80's chicks in their 30's playing young college bait, a killer escaping from an institute of some sort for personal revenge (a la Halloween of course) complete with mediocre acting, crappy dialogue and a layer of campiness. Now, I like my nachos on the really hot side so I would have rather there been a lot more gore and female nudity, but hey-I can't consume overly hot shit all of the time. The dvd prints of all three Sorority House Massacre films have been long out of print for awhile now and getting copies of them is a little on the difficult side, but with Youtube and streaming services like Amazon Prime Video make it easier and easier to experience such near forgotten dredge from that time period. I love the 80's. Not entirely, but there a lot of great things that spawned during that decade, and films like this are definitely in the realm of greatness for things to take in from then. There are two sequels as well which are even harder to track down, but I think once you've taken a bite of this overly salted, sodium saturated platter of corn chips, cheese whiz and bottom of the barrel quality jalapenos, you would probably be finished as well. 

This static shot of the sorority house is making me sleepy.

Yeah-it all started when you entered the house.

After a week, I'm not joining anything.

When three little girls tell you to "be careful", then I think you ought to do it.

Hi, Sara-I like your weird 80's outfit. It looks good on you.

Of course it was something at the hospital. Hospitals always make people go ape.

So does crappy sitcom music play every time chicks try on random clothes?

Grand Theft Auto-1980's style.

Spending the night in a tee-pee is a great idea.

 Sorority House Massacre is a slasher flick that I really wanted to get into more because I know what it could have been-but what it really is comes down to is high blood pressure and high sodium count. I enjoyed it, but I needed a bottle of water when it was over so I could quench myself and move on to something a little bit better. Unfortunately, a purgatory movie. Now, if I do ever find copies of the Concorde dvd's of this or any of the sequels, they will end up on my shelf just to say I have them-but it would probably be very few and far between that I would actually ever spend time with it ever again. Unless I'm really damn drunk and I want to see the girls in their lingerie again. Which, of course, why wouldn't I. Okay, I'm done. I need to go pick up the backyard now.       

No comments:

Post a Comment