Sunday, February 1, 2015

Intermission 3






















Ah, the Superbowl. It's later today. I'm going to my parents house and way too many people are going to be there. I don't even like football. Hell, I don't like sports in general. I love it when I tell another man that and they either ask me if I'm gay or they say I'm un-American. I actually find it quite amusing that the only thing they have to look forward to in their lives as a stress relief or a hobby is keeping track of stats and numbers that don't fucking amount to anything, who the new coach for the Washington who-gives-a-shit team is or screaming at the tv about a call or a play THAT YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER. But I guess the same thing could be said about me watching ill fated garbage heaps that I refer to as "movies", but that's besides the point. The point is is that sports (and mostly football) are just downright boring to me. I'd rather watch Curse on Blanchard Hill for the third time than watch a bunch of muscle bound, over paid, pigskin chasers. Nah, that might actually be going TOO FAR.

Lets leave the sports alone for awhile. I'm sitting here eating some Cinnabon cinna-bread with orange marmalade, and I decided to make another "intermission" post I guess to let you guys know what the next two films I'm going to walkthrough are going to be. Hi-8 is fun. It's the most giddy I've been about a horror anthology in quite awhile. It has heaps of plus size girls, gore, stupid acting, a lost SOV (which is always exciting!) and other random happenings like a fat bald guy that hasn't worn deodorant in about 48 hours.

Do I really have to give any details about the almighty Canuxploitation film, Things? I probably don't if you're reading this. If you haven't seen it by now or are just starting to descend into the very strange and depressing world of horror collecting and trading and you don't know anything about Things... then you haven't descended deep enough my friend. Get your spelunking gear ready because it's about to get dark, deep and pretty creepy. Not really. It's just going to be a very odd adventure. And you're all invited. Enjoy the Superbowl. I probably won't.  

No comments:

Post a Comment