Friday, February 27, 2015

Slime City


I was going to play some more Elder Scrolls: Oblivion when I came home from work, but for some reason I just didn't want to. I wanted to write a post about Slime City, but I didn't want to actually take the time to watch it again just to take notes. I really don't think I have to take notes for me to write a post about Slime City because just watching the trailer for it on YouTube reminds me all over again why I love this film so much. It's one of those movies where you know that the budget was low, the acting is as wooden as Pinocchio's wiener and it's chock full of dumb dialog and fantastic practical special effects. What's not to love really unless micro-budget grindhouse bu-bu-bu-bullshit isn't your thang, than go ahead. Excuse yourself. I will forgive you. This time anyway.

The way I even found out about this movie was I found the final scene on YouTube (by accident) that some one decided to upload. I watched the ending probably 10 times. I had to get  a copy of this. I got lucky one day at Disc Replay and found one, lonely copy just sitting there on the shelf among all the other horror dvds at the time, and I snatched it with the utmost enthusiasm. "See, I told you someone would buy this!" That was what the guy behind the counter said to the other guy behind the counter when I brought it up to them to pay for it. It was a good day.

Gregory Lamberson's Slime City is my ALL TIME FAVORITE 80's grind/slime/gore film.

It has our main character beating a homeless guy with a lead pipe, chomping (yes, I said chomping) some gang bangers arm off in broad daylight, smashes his best friends head into the floor until a massive pool of blood pretty much covers the whole area, vomits green shit in an alley, has sex with some ghost/hooker woman that lives across the hall and eats Himalayan Yogurt. Honestly, what more could you ask for?

The greatest, slimiest ending to a low budget horror film I've probably ever seen. Maybe not EVER, but it certainly is my #1 ending of choice if anyone ever asked. It truly takes you where you think the film is just going to end, but it just keeps grinding it's way past being where it should end and it keeps you guessing when. Just when. 

I'm going to tell you right now, if you're into these kinds of movies and you haven't seen Slime City, please get a copy. You'll probably love it just as much as I do.   

No comments:

Post a Comment