Sunday, March 1, 2015

Silent Night (blu-ray)



In my book, it doesn't have to be anywhere near Christmas time to be able to enjoy a Christmas movie, let alone a Christmas horror flick. Sure, the original Silent Night, Deadly Night was and still is somewhat controversial because, yes, for all intensive purposes, having Santa going around raping women in front of their kids and killing them right afterwards isn't exactly wholesome, holiday, family entertainment. My Christmas film tradition for the past four or five years now has been to watch Jingle All the Way on Christmas Eve at midnight, and then watch A Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation about fifty times each on Christmas Day while gaining twenty pounds and opening presents that I don't expect anyone to buy for me because I'm thirty and I don't ask for anything. There's no reason to. There's plenty of reasons to check out Silent Night on blu-ray however.

Ho-Ho-Ho.

The Mistletoe.

Santa is shaving with some pretty gross looking water in the sink. Hell, this whole bathroom is gross. I like where this is headed already.

Good old St. Nick has some spazoid tied to a chair in a basement with some pretty colorful Christmas lights. Then he overloads the bulbs and electrocutes his ass.

Holy shit, it's Malcolm McDowell! This movie is going to kick ass!

Is that Rob Reiner wearing a Cosby sweater?

Mom: "I thought we would go to church tonight." Daughter: "Fuck church." Epicly put my dear. This little wench gets brutally tazed by Santa right after she slaps her moms pills out of her hands. I'm clapping right now.

   Grandpa breaks out of his one year catatonia to tell his grandson, "You better watch out on Christmas Eve. It's the scariest damn day of the year." That was random.

Man the Santa in this movie is brutal.

This film has an actual Woodchipper Massacre in it. I plan on writing a post on that movie as well.

Santa with a flamethrower is pretty kick ass.

Malcolm McDowell's dialogue, a guys head getting split open with an axe, five pretty sexy Christmas carolers, cocaine abuse and an homage death scene to Silent Night, Deadly Night where Santa takes some blonde bimbo and stabs her whole body onto a set of deer antlers on the wall of a hotel. Tis' the season. I feel like egg nog and figgy pudding. Aside from the pretty gory kills in this film, the lighting and color of this film is astounding. It really is a gorgeous looking movie, especially the transfer that Anchor Bay did for the blu-ray release. The 1080p resolution is superb and I really don't think it's going to look any better than it does on this blu-ray. Whenever there is a scene with Christmas lights, the colors really pop and it just looks so damn good. I purchased the blu at Best Buy for 7.99. Trust me. It's worth it. Even though it's not Christmas time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment