Sunday, March 22, 2015

Return to Sleepaway Camp



Remember my good pal Steven that lives in Champaign I've mentioned more than a few times already? Well, this is yet another movie that I borrowed from him while living in central Illinois. Actually, he got me into this series all together because I never even knew about the original one at all until I started getting into this hobby. He lent me the original at some point as well, but I'll get to that one when I start doing this series on here I plan on calling "Box Set-itis" where I'm going to pick a boxset I have in my collection, talk about what movies are in it, where I got it from, how much it cost... that's neither here or there right now. Return to Sleepaway Camp is technically the only "true" sequel in the series because it actually has Ricky and Angela in it as well as the main camp counselor from the original film. And it continues 20 some odd years after the first one took place with Ricky working on a construction site driving a bulldozer and Angela being locked up in a mental hospital.

 You know this is going to be a good time when the movie opens with a bunch of dumb 12 year old boys lighting their farts on fire in their cabin.

Alan is annoying, fat, ugly, socially inept and wears the same sweat stained shirt the entire movie.

Get ready to hear Alan say "your ass stinks" about 5 million times.

Ooooooooh, face first into the deep fryer!

I can't lie, if I was at Camp Manabe while Alan was there, I'd probably torture his ass too.

This scene where "weed" gets blown up is uber cheesy and epic at the same time.

I love all of the scenes that take place in the rec hall.

Vincent Pastore's girlfriend in this movie is fucking HOT. Too bad you only see her for about 10 seconds.

This scene where Randy's dick gets ripped off with fishing line is pretty damn brutal.

  If there was only just the original Sleepaway Camp and this one, that would be perfect. But then there wouldn't be that cool Sleepaway Camp boxset from Anchor Bay either. And Pamela Springsteen may have never tried her hand at acting either. Not like it would've made a difference whether she did or not anyway. This movie is grossly entertaining and if you are even remotely interested in what was done after the original or are a fan of horror-comedy movies, then you need to do yourself a favor and watch this. Please. I beg of you. If you don't, your ass stinks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment