Monday, March 9, 2015

Bloody Harvest (Scarecrows from Hell)



Just this past Saturday night, my wife and I went out to dinner with a married couple with which we are friends with, and the male half John is one of my good friends. He too is into really weird, obscure movies as well as I. Not necessarily horror mind you, just weird, obscure cinema in general. We followed them back to their house to sit in the hot tub, drink some alcohol, say dumb jokes and embarrass our wives, because when ever the four of us hang out, that's usually what happens. Before we left this time to go home, John gave me a plastic grocery bag with about 12 unheard of vhs tapes for me to borrow and to give back whenever I can. Bloody Harvest (Scarecrows from Hell) is unfortunately the first one I decided to pop into my magically magnetic vcr because I thought "The box art looks cool, so I'll watch this first." Mortal mistake, son. Mortal mistake. This film is fucking boooorooooorrrrrrrriiiiinnnng.

A hooker in a car changes her shirt within the first minute. You do get to see some nice side boobage however.

That has got to be the phoniest scarecrow costume I've ever seen.

Every member of this group in this movie is fugly. Every single one.

A random house in the middle of the desert with no one around except you guys!? Getting some rest and shade is an awesome idea!

Of course there's a hill-jack with a shotgun. Surprised?

What the hell are these people hiking through the desert for anyway?

 This guys old man impersonation during his campfire story sounds like Burgess Meredith doing a creepy pasta on YouTube.

Damn, she shot that dude with a flare gun!

This movie shouldn't have been called, "Bloody Harvest (Scarecrows from Hell)", it should've been called, "Marital Statuses (Relationships from Hell)" because that's about what 97% of this movie is about. Every character in this movie is either married, going to get married or has a mistress on the side. You seriously only get to see the Scarecrows for a complete total of maybe 5-6 minutes through the whole damn film. I'm glad that I only borrowed this vhs and didn't actually waste any money on it. Strike one, John. Strike one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment