Sunday, March 8, 2015

P2



P2 is a "horror" film that I saw in the theater back in 2007 when it came out after I had moved back from living in Las Cruces, New Mexico for about the first half of the year. Man, that was one hell of a time. I've never been more constantly drunk day after day for that long than when I lived there. My wife (then girlfriend) and I went to see this in the theater with a friend of ours and none of us ended up liking it. It was just, I don't know, slow I guess. Last night I decided to re-watch it again on Netflix because for some reason lately I've been seeing it pop up here and there online with pretty high marks. But I didn't remember it being any good. It still didn't end up being any good. It wasn't as shitty as I remember it, but it still isn't anywhere near being good enough to have a spot on my shelf in the basement. I hope there won't be a sequel called P3. That would just be dumb.

I completely forgot that this is technically a "Christmas" horror film.

Lots of boring character building at the beginning. I didn't end up caring about Angela or anyone else in this movie for that matter.

The movies' name comes from the parking floor where Angela's car is parked. How original.

Her car doesn't start when she tries to leave the parking garage. Cliche` #2.

This douche security guard (Tom) doesn't even know how to use a car battery charger. Wow.

Tom is one psychotic motherfucker.

Rachael Nichols (Angela) has a nice rack.

At the end of the day, as I stated earlier, P2 is pretty slow and grindy. There are a couple of decent kill scenes such as a guy duct taped to an office chair getting beaten with a flashlight and smashed into a wall with Tom's car and Rocky (Tom's dog) getting stabbed by Angela with a broken tire iron. The scenes where Tom is trying to get under Angela's skin psychologically are pretty well done and atmospheric though, even though they weren't nearly enough to save this movie from being a complete snooze fest.    

No comments:

Post a Comment