Saturday, March 14, 2015

Hellgate (1989)



Hellgate is a random movie on Netflix I've watched a couple of times on a whim because the cover art looked cool and it just sounded like a cheesy good time. And of course, I was not mistaken. I have a nose for sniffing out 70's and 80's garbage cinema, and it pretty much never fails. It led me to this crap gem, didn't it? The first time I watched it, I fell asleep (because of, what else, work... ugh) and had to watch the second half again due to my busy-body induced narcolepsy. Re-watching it again last night without falling asleep brought to my attention even more so the fact of how enjoyable this schlock fest truly is. It also makes me kind of wish that the dvd wasn't out of print (or so I've found, correct me if I'm wrong) and the vhs wasn't so hard to come by. I'd love to obtain a copy. 
 
Why do people insist on telling shitty ghost stories by a fireplace or a campfire?
 
I don't know why, but this motorcycle scene makes me want to play Full Throttle on Dos-Box.
 
There's nothing funnier than a group of tough ass bikers making sheep noises in the middle of a diner.
 
That rubber bat looks like one that I've bought at the Brookfield Zoo back when I was in grade school. String included.
 
So that's what happens when you add water to one of those dollar store dinosaurs that are supposed to grow underwater! Except this was a goldfish.
 
Does this mean this Matt guy is a ghostaphiliac or a paranormaphiliac or something? He was about to get down with a female apparition after all. Jesus.
 
Who only has one water ski? I think I'm asking too many questions at this point.
 
  This movie is exactly like how I like a nice medium-well burger or pizza-a fun, cheesy mess. I still don't quite get the connection between that blue crystal that Old Jonas finds in the mine and the town of Hellgate, but who really cares. The point is, this film was great and I hope that Netflix keeps it on for quite awhile so I can re-visit it whenever I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment