Monday, March 9, 2015

Silent Madness



If you read the post that I wrote just before this one about Bloody Harvest, then you already know about me acquiring a plastic bag full of vhs tapes to borrow for a while. This is the second one that I watched right after Bloody Harvest, and I'm glad I did because I liked Silent Madness. It was pretty entertaining. That's kind of the point, isn't it? I liked the premise, the pacing and the fact that I wasn't able to watch it 3-D (I hate movies in 3-D) even though there's a couple scenes where you can tell they were filmed specifically for 3-D. It didn't detract from the movie at all in my opinion.

This foreboding music reminds me of the music from Sledgehammer. And there's some random boobs for you.

 Going through patients files on the computer without any kind of permission is a no-no.

A murderous mute is released from the hospital and beats the shit out of an RV and breaks a guys hand with a sledgehammer. Then he throws a hatchet into his girlfriends back!

Holy shit, it's Elizabeth Kaitan riding a skateboard down the street! Too bad the murderous mute kidnaps her and crushes her head in a machine shop vice.

Damn, Katherine Kamhi that played Meg in Sleepaway Camp is also in this movie as a sorority girl! I'm having a cult film party here!

What kind of gun did the murderous mute use to kill all those girls? Some sort of Star Trek nail gun or something?

Worst breakfast ever-Coke poured into a bowl of Captain Crunch.

A sorority house that has a freaking Dragon's Lair arcade cabinet! That's insane!

If you haven't noticed by now, I really enjoyed this movie for many reasons. You have two cute girls from two other 80's horror flicks (Friday the 13th part VII and Sleepaway Camp) a sorority house with a Dragon's Lair arcade cab, a killer mute and a couple of out of place scenes that were filmed specifically for 3-D. I loved it. Too bad the vhs is kind of pricey. +1 John. You're back at 0 again my friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment