Sunday, February 22, 2015

Order of One: Kung Fu Killing Spree



My favorite martial arts movie has always been Bruce Lee's Enter The Dragon. Recently though, I've seen another one that might be more entertaining just because of it's lack of common sense. Kung Fu Killing Spree. Yes, another entry from that dreaded Freakshow Cinema boxset. This is the last one from that set I'm going to post about, I promise. If you want a glint of the garbage I've dragged myself through from this set so far, go back and read my posts about "Glitter Goddess" and "Curse on Blanchard Hill". Kung Fu Killing Spree is probably the best movie in this set, and that's not really saying a whole hell of a lot. This movie starts immediately with a shoot out in some diner or dive or that looks like it's been abandoned a while back or is in the middle of a mall that no one goes to anymore.

I want chicken, I want liver.

Meow mix, meow mix please deliver.

 There's a text crawl that says some things about some guy wanting to obtain the sword of destiny, which I guess is the sword that pierced Jesus' side during the crucifixion or some gobbaldy-gook. That guy is ambitious.

I want to cook some eggs and watch Shogun Cop.

Three flower power, Charlie's Angels chicks break in the restaurant and shoot up the place. They aren't too hot.

The strip club owner looks like a down-syndrome version of Charles Grodin. At least he has a pretty sexy plus sized stripper in his club. Kudos sir.

Basically, this movie spends alot of time with a buff Moe Howard kung fu-ing the shit out of bad guys, special moves with comic book bubbles that say "skull fist of destruction" and "heart explode palm", video game HUDS complete with health bar and kill counter, a cooler that has a sign that says "$2 dollar beer" that no one pays for and more of those flower power, Charlie's Angels wanna-be chicks. This film was way more entertaining than I expected it to be. If you're in the mood to see Moe Howard's weight lifting brother beat the hell out of a bunch of idiots with a paper thin plot to follow, this one is a no brainer son.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment