Monday, August 3, 2015

Blood Slaughter Massacre


I bought this dvd purely on a whim. 100% blind buy. I did not see any clips. I did not see the trailer. I had never even seen or heard of this before at all when I randomly found it on Amazon. This movie truly did live up to the 80's throwback style that it was trying to go for. I thought it worked. The characters, the acting, stupid parties, horny teens, alcohol, loud music... the list goes on and on. I thought it was very well put together and I hope that the crew that made this film a reality does another one. I loved every second of it.

I love halloween parties where everyone has the cheapest, worst costumes of all time.

Divorce? This chick looks way to young to be divorced.

Her entire back was ripped open!

She's got a cassette tape walkman. Now were getting somewhere!

This hair metal douchebag needs his ass beat.

Drinking on the job. What kind of a detective are you anyway, James?

Either this coroner dude is a massive red herring or he's the ripper. We'll find out soon enough.

Holy shit, a video rental store full of vhs!

What the fuck is wrong with this guy?

I know this scene is supposed to be somewhat serious with James getting suspended and all, but that mustache and wig are laughably fake.

What happened to the camera while filming this scene??

Now it's getting personal.

The film almost came in at 2 hours. If it would've made it to 2 hours, it would have been way to long. Even at 113 minutes, it still felt like it was to long in some scenes, but looking back on it, it was necessary because the different sections of the story needed to pan out for the movie as a whole to work and I'm so glad it did. It was worth the blind buy for sure. If you're into old school slashers like Freddy and Jason and the mainstream ones from the 80's, you will adore this movie. I thought it was great. Now go buy it before the ripper shows up. And wear a terrible halloween costume while you're at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment