Monday, August 10, 2015

UHF


The one and only time I've ever seen this movie before watching it this past weekend was way back when I was a junior or a senior in high school. And it was at a "friends" house by the name of Kyle. That's my two reasons why I pretty much didn't remember anything about this movie except that it had Michael Richards in it. That's it. But I found out recently that Amazon Instant Video is streaming it and I decided to re-visit this cult gem again 14 years after the fact, and I'm pretty damn glad I did. This film is an enormous riot and you can tell just how insane and overactive Weird Al's imagination really is. That's what makes his music so great. That's also what makes this movie so great.

That must be Simon Belmont's whip, not Indy's!

The best Temple of Doom parody ever.

Stttttuuuuupppppiiiidddd!!

MMmmmmm, a twinkie weiner sandwich.

I think it would be cool to run your own tv station.

Fran Drescher is fucking sexy. I don't care what anyone says.

Kramer before he was Kramer.

Spatula City is the shit!

The music video for "The Ballad of Jedd Clampett" kicks ass!

How the hell can you go wrong with Wheel of Fish, Stanley Spudowski's Club House and Secrets of the Universe?

Find the marble in the oatmeal?! Genius!

 I'm so glad that this was recently released on blu-ray. I have to buy this at some point. There's no way that I can't own this movie. It's just to wild and wacky to not have a copy of. If you've seen this movie and didn't care for it, then shame on you. Go back to school to learn how to have some fun. Life is hard enough without people like you. I'm buying a share from Stanley Spudowski. Here's my ten bucks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment