Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Final Girls (Blu-ray)


Ever since I randomly ran across the dvd of The Final Girls at Walmart when it was first released, I had to see it or get my leprosy laced hands on a copy. It just looked like something that had to be a part of my collection. I finally ended up buying it on blu-ray at Best Buy fairly recently, and it looks good among the other blu's that I have. Like it was always supposed to be there. Kind of like how the movie itself plays out. Like it was always supposed to be there. Sort of. It's kind of a healthy mix of every 80's slasher there ever was, balled up into a mass of comedy and horror. More comedy than horror is more like what I should say here. Is it worth it? Oh, yeah. It sure is. Especially if you're a fan of 80's horror no matter if it's slasher or not, this is a flick that needs to be taken in at least once. There's a plethora of eye candy here including Malin Akerman, Angela Trimbur, Chloe Bridges... pretty much all of the females are nice to look at except one or two and Thomas Middleditch who plays Fuzzy in Fun Size is in here as well. Great cast, great acting, not as many kills as I would have liked but overall this is a horror homage that has to be seen. It's fantastico'.

     God, I love the 80's.

Nice list of horror. Chopping Mall included.

 I wish I could throw my bills out the window while I was driving.

CGI car accident. Budget not high enough for a real one?

Oh man, this dude was from Fun Size! Awesome!

 Fucking social media.

Wow, a cherry thief. I didn't laugh.

Last Action Hero?!

Funkalicious.

I'd love to help you pick strawberries.

"I can't believe were going to casually watch someone get murdered. What is this, Detroit?"

Well, Paula... I think you've given me the gift of a boner.

Billy Murphy is a blatant Jason rip off. I'm ok with it.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahha!!! I'm sorry, but Kurt's death was fucking hysterical!

Kurt is a dumbass in this film anyway. I was waiting for his ass to get killed, and the way he goes out is just undeniably hilarious. I had to pause the movie I was laughing so hard. One of the girls and he are trying to get away from Billy in a car and they smash into something while driving and just the way his body flies out of the windshield onto the ground is just... there's no real way to say it here. You just have to see it. I'd say that any of you following me on my site would enjoy this movie immensely. Just remember, there's one girl at the end who kills Billy, Kurt's death is hilarious and Tina is hot. Go watch it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment