Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The Funhouse Massacre (Blu-ray)


With online and various other horror news outlets, I had heard of this indie with Robert Englund being a fun joy ride of a film that was played at many horror movie screenings and conventions. This movie already had a solid fan base before I had even heard of it, so I was immediately drawn in to either renting it or wanting a copy. So, of course, being a collector, I bought it on blu-ray because that sort of thing is possible these days. I really just kind of expected the same run of the mill shit from this offering: a haunted house that is put together around Halloween time where people are actually being killed and no one really notices or thinks twice. And, to be fair, that's really what this film is. Is it well directed? Yes. Is it well filmed? Yes. Is it well acted? Yes, yes and yes. Clint Howard is even in it, so that makes up for something as well. And while I did enjoy it, there wasn't anything to me personally that made me consider it as a cult classic or anything, but I'm sure some zits or zombies out there probably think just that. Kudos to you.    

Robert Englund. We meet again.

 "There are people here that even God is afraid of."

Animal the Cannibal. Serving customers to customers.

I present to you, Clint Howard!

 Overactive imagination.

Just ask her out you pussy.

"Sexy Hillary Clinton"?! Yeah, because that's a hot costume.

 Sometimes, people eating food in a movie is just disgusting.

You don't want kids sneaking in for free. You also don't want them sneaking in to play Pokemon' Go either. Brats.

Black light art kicks ass.

Stop with that hashtag shit.

Hell yeah, playing some NES in the police station!

Funnel cake sounds good.

Aww. How romantic.

He hit the bell! Tell him what he's won, Johnny!

As stated earlier, The Funhouse Massacre is fun, but it's limited. It just felt like a middle line horror flick that we've all seen before. Maybe it's the cast, maybe it's the cinematography and the colorful, crisp look of it... who knows. But this film has a fan base and now I'm kind of part of it. If you're in the mood for a haunted house flick where people actually get killed by a cannibal and a sadistic dentist, then look no further. But I wouldn't push it past curiosity. I'm late for a cavity filling. Oops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment