Sunday, July 7, 2019

Gory Gory Hallelujah


There's something to be said when an indie horror flick like Gory Gory Hallelujah comes around and knocks me on my ass. Really a true hidden gem when it comes to this type of material, I couldn't believe how much fun I actually had watching this flick. Clocking in at 96 minutes, the pace is so furious and executed so well that it honestly felt like a 60-70 minute sprint across the finish line with nothing but an overjoyed smile across my face that pushed me to perspire beyond a reasonable doubt that the people involved with this flick need to work on something new. And they have. This film was directed by Sue Corcoran, and the most recent thing she has worked on is producing a film called Sadie last year. I need to check that out if her output is this damn entertaining because there is nothing left out and everything you need to be fully entertained here. Every character is likeable (even the ones your supposed to hate) the comedy is absolutely superb in it's delivery and stature, and the lighthearted poise of everything that takes place during this thing literally made me sing my alternative cinema praises as I was taking my notes down. All of the situations flowed so well together that no beat was missed and no step was tripped. Zits and zombies, if you like films that make fun of religion without being incredibly dark about it, post-apocalyptic movies that only setup that background with simply a mushroom cloud or some of the most over-the-top stereotypical characters that you can possibly find, Gory Gory Hallelujah is for sure a pool you need to dive into. It's definitely hot enough for it.

  Jesus was black? I never knew that.

This dude reminds me of Sinbad. Love it!

  I guess you can be a little to Jewish.

After all that, the director of this shitty play is going to be Jesus anyway. What a waste of time.

That's a shame. Every hot redhead needs some good sex.

Bar hall Elvis brawl!

It's been a while since I've watched a movie that has a great fat sheriff.

I hope you paid the ferryman his coin to take you across the River Styx.

A cat house is the last punishment I expected. And how is that a punishment anyway?

This has to be the greatest, weirdest christian family ever.

A phallus made of gold? I don't like where this is going.

Speaking of over-the-top, the best scene in this picture has to be when the four main characters end up in a bar after riding their bikes for a long period, and they end up fighting an entire gang of Elvis impersonators. It sounds ridiculous, and it is, but it's really one of the best scenes in this entire thing. The jokes and puns the Elvis' use before the fight starts are absolutely terrible in the best way and you can't help but laugh. Zits and zombies, I really don't think I have much more to say about Gory Gory Hallelujah except to just hop on Amazon Prime and watch it. If you don't like it, you don't have a sense of humor. That's all there is to it. By the way-if you're going to audition for a play for the part of Jesus, make sure you nail it. It might be the end of the world as we know it. And you'll have to fight a whole bunch of Elvis'.     

No comments:

Post a Comment