Monday, April 20, 2015

Tusk



Look. Kevin Smith is a director that I've never really cared for anything that he's done. Mallrats wasn't funny. The Clerks movies are stupid. Jay and Silent Bob just take up space. Now, I've never seen Red State, but apparently that was Kevin Smith's first foray into the horror world. I've heard from a few people that even if you're not a Smith fan, you'd like it anyway for what it is and it's completely different from what he's done before. Much like what I've heard a million times about Tusk, except Tusk is way more fucked up. And the whole thing is a joke. I guess on one of his podcasts, he took a poll to see if people would be interested in seeing a horror movie that involved a walrus? I guess?? Correct me if I'm wrong (as I usually am).

Haley Joel Osment got fat.

The "Kill Bill Kid" video is really great!

The airport security guard is the main guy from Epic Meal Time!

Howard's home decor is sick. I like the suits of armor and the medieval brickwork.

I love how Howard has a walrus dick displayed on his wall.

"Sweet whistling Christ."

"I miss the guy that gets baked and cries watching Winnie the Pooh." That's hilarious.

Howard is fucked up.

This is kind of like the book/movie Misery by Stephen King. Except with a walrus.

Psychologically damaged doesn't even come close to describing the idea behind this film.

Why didn't Howard just buy or import a real walrus instead of ruining Wallace's life?

This movie actually disturbed me on more than one level. You really have to be a mentally broken individual to kidnap people and surgically transform them into a walrus with human skin. I can't mentally grasp that idea. It's just so messed up. And I think that's why I actually liked this movie. Smith actually made a movie that I actually can commend him for. And of all the animals to pick, a walrus? I don't think I've ever seen that before. Not in horror or otherwise. Props to you son. I think I might actually buy this on blu-ray.   

No comments:

Post a Comment