Saturday, February 13, 2016

Box Set - itis: The Basement


Being one of the very first additions that has to do with SOV horror, and one of my very first box sets after I started collecting this filth, I have to venture out saying that this is my favorite box out of all of them that I own. It has plenty of SOV classics including Cannibal Campout and Video Violence. Two of my personal favorites. My favorite things about this box are the layout, the cover art and you get a blood red VHS with the previously un-released The Basement on it along with it on it's own dvd. Pretty damn cool if you ask me. I wish Camp would put out a second box like this with other SOV films such as Blood Lake, The Abomination and Gore-met Zombie Chef from Hell. I need more SOV, man. We need more SOV. We all scream for SOV. Now I just want some ice cream. Shit.

 Price I paid: $20.00

Where did I find it?: Amazon (US)

Print: Camp Motion Pictures

Run#: Puddin.'

Movies Included: The Basement, Video Violence 1 & 2, Captives and Cannibal Campout.

Is it worth it?: A resounding yes and yes. This set should be priced more at $40 instead of $20 because the quality is superb and Camp always does a great job with packaging and extras. I consider this to be the SOV starter kit- if you're curious at all about this specific sub-genre of horror film and want to get into collecting, The Basement box is the way to go. If you watch them and hate them, at least watch the three Gary Cohen films which are Video Violence 1 & 2 and Captives. Great stuff.

Final: Again, if you buy this and end up hating your life afterwards, at least you can say you've seen the Gary Cohen flicks one time. And you can then proceed to sell it. Maybe this will turn you into a rabid SOV fan. Who knows. The choice is yours. But I personally think it's more than worth it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment