Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Box Set - itis: Friday the 13th blu-ray collection


This is a set that I was really waiting for as in the past I had always wanted the entire Jason franchise all in one spot. Finally, it came true on blu-ray (because HD dammit) even though there had already been a couple different incarnations of the whole franchise on dvd in the past. I have seen some mediocre and poor reviews of this particular set on Amazon and in other places here on the grand old inters-net, and I think the reason for this is mainly because hardcore Jason fans were hoping that this set would have newer/more/better extras and behind the scenes. From what I understand (since I never owned any of the previous dvd sets of this franchise) all of that in this set is basically the same. Just everything transferred in 1080p. I will have to say, even though the inner-sleeve artwork is fantastic, I really don't like how the bd's are inside slip pages. That bugs me because there can be serious issues with scratching the discs if you're not careful. Even with it's faults, I really dig this blu-ray set of the entire Jason series. If you don't have any of the dvd boxes, get this one. Please.

  Price I paid: $100

Where did I find it?: Best Buy (Joliet, IL)

Print: Warner Brothers

Run#: Hot pancakes.

Movies Included: Friday the 13th 1-8, Jason Goes to Hell, Jason X, Freddy vs. Jason, Friday the 13th the killer cut

Is it worth it?: Hell yes. Especially if you're a big Jason fan and have never owned any of the previous sets of this franchise, this blu-ray set is the way to go for sure. And it comes in a collector's tin. 

Final: There's no reason not to have the entire series on blu-ray sitting on your shelf. Unless you're one of those weirdos that only likes the first two or three films and that's it. Shame on you. My personal favorite is Friday the 13th part VII: The New Blood. But to each his own. Kill-kill-kill. Die-die-die.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment