Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Box Set - itis: Gingerdead Man


The trilogy box set from Full Moon containing the three main Gingerdead Man films is a mistake. I don't even really care about the fact that I only paid two dollars for it at a flea market, I should've never done it. I thought they would be a hilarious good time. And in some small ways, these movies are. But mostly they just compiled my dislike of Gary Busey even more. If I was forced to pick which one of the three I like the most, it would probably be the second one just because of how ridiculous and over the top it is. It's one of those that should have been a Troma film. Actually, I don't even know If Troma would want to be associated with this. And that's really saying something.

Price I paid: $2.00

Where did I find it?: Gordyville flea market (Gifford, Il)

Print: Full Moon Entertainment

Run#: 3,068,524

Movies Included: Gingerdead Man, Gingerdead Man 2: Passion of the Crust, Gingerdead Man 3: Saturday Night Cleaver

Is it worth it?: Even for two sweet pesos, it's still not worth it. You either have to be a sick mutha' who loves every single film Gary Busey has ever been in or you have to be the biggest Full Moon fan of all time to really get any kind of serious (cheesy or otherwise) enjoyment out of the Gingerdead Man trilogy. Like I stated, I really only like the second one slightly more than the other two because it's over the top and it's completely blasphemous towards religion and anything good in humanity.

Final: If you run across this for $2 or someone just wants to give it to you because they don't want it anymore, don't take it. Just go watch Under Siege instead. Gary Busey dresses in drag in that one (pretty horribly I might add) and you get to see Erika Eleniak's luscious breasts. That's worth way more than $2 and your sanity.   

No comments:

Post a Comment