Monday, February 22, 2016

Deadly Daycare


I watched this on a whim after just being a lazy bastard and not wanting to go down to my basement and actually watch a few dvd's or blu-ray's that I've bought recently. I sift through Hulu Plus and Netflix on occasion just to see if there's anything new, interesting or bizarre looking that I might want to write something about on here. When I ran across Deadly Daycare, and I saw that it had Christy Carlson Romano and Kayla Ewell as actresses involved, I just had to watch this. (They're both hotties by the way.) Even though I do realize that I have a pretty big back catalog building up of physical copies of movies I need to watch for Cinema Slayer, I felt like I just needed to slap some notes down for this one. It has a complete Lifetime tone about it, and it grips you right from the beginning. CCR plays a complete nutcase, and I was glad to see her in such a role. It's the complete opposite of Ren from Even Stevens, and that's pretty much what intrigued me to watch this in the first place.

  Christy Carlson Romano? I haven't seen her since Even Stevens.

Damn, she's gorgeous now!

Oh, you're just an attorney. I'm sorry that being upper-middle class isn't good enough. Greedy asshole.

I shouldn't point this out now, but this film has a total Lifetime tone about it.

     Ms. Wright seems like she's all kinds of wrong.

It's kind of cool and creepy that you can log into the website from any cellular device and watch the cameras at the daycare.

  So, is Mia Crystal? Crystal is Mia?

Well, Gabby has officially lost her shit.

Shut up about the God shit already.

Wow, what a scathing bitch.

I would've told Gabby to get the hell out of my house.

 CCR did a great job playing a damn creepy character trying to steal the family's child for her own. I'll have to look deeper to see if she's done anything else similar to this since her days with Shia LaBeouf. Probably the scene where she forces her way into the house by saying a hoodie is Mia's when it wasn't and tries to invite herself for dinner was just fucking unsettling and touched on the realm of home invasion. If you're into Lifetime flicks and crave something that is psychologically off center with a few actresses you may know already, give this one a chance. I actually kind of dug it from a psychological and home invasion stance. Now get the hell out of my house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment