Thursday, February 25, 2016

Box Set - itis: The Fly Collector Set


There isn't anything new I can say about the 80's Fly re-make that hasn't already been touched upon by other people, so I'll just make this as short and as sweet as possible. The Fly from the 80's is probably one of the best re-makes of all time. The original Vincent Price The Fly is actually a film I've been meaning to watch in general (whether I'm going to take notes for it for you guys is something I'm not sure I'm going to do yet) so I can compare the two and get a sense of where Cronenberg culled his ideals from. His version of The Fly has always been not only a horror staple since I was growing up, but also a movie staple in general. If you're not into horror all that much, it doesn't make a difference. The 80's The Fly is a dead set masterpiece that needs to be experienced by everyone. Every single detail in this film needs to be sought out and watched by everyone, I don't care who you are. Jeff Goldblum and Geena Davis were at their peaks when they performed in this, and it shows. Bzzzzzzzt

 Price I paid: $19.99

Where did I find it?: Exile on Main (Champaign, IL)

Print: 20th Century Fox

Run#: I never know these things. Go ask Rudy.

Movies Included: The Fly, The Fly II

Is it worth it?: Yes and no. It's worth it if you want both Fly films together in one set and you don't have any other prints of them. It's not worth it if you have both of them already in one format or another, or if you only want the first one. Take your pick.

Final: Unless you're some crazy hardcore collector of everything The Fly, there's no real reason to have this box unless you don't have any of the films that are out there and want something to get started. Honestly, if that's the case, just buy a copy of the first one individually because that's really the one you need to see. The sequel is very well done, but it's not really necessary for you to watch it unless you fell in love with the first one that much that you have to watch the next one.   

No comments:

Post a Comment