Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Killer Workout (aka Aerobicide) (blu-ray)


The only thing I knew about Killer Workout before I even bothered to snatch up the blu-ray when it was released was that it was another Prior brothers film. That already had my interest piqued because of how much I adore Sledgehammer. If you haven't seen the SOV masterpiece that is Sledgehammer, I suggest you get on that shit right away, son. I need to look into this a little more, but Killer Workout is wedged firmly into a sub-genre of horror flick where everything happens at a gym, health spa or fitness center. Another really well known one in this category is Death Spa. I have that one on dvd. I need to write a post about that one for you guys. I need to look deeper because I want to see if there is anymore horror trash out there that takes place in a gym. It's just interesting and bizarre. And there's always a possibility of seeing lots of attractive women either nude in the locker room, showers or in insanely tight 80's spandex engaging in some Jane Fonda or Abs of Steel type of shit. I can just sit back and watch all the different camera angles capturing them doing the wiggles. I need to work out more often.

That's funny, the title card still says "Aero-bicide".

Another Prior brothers horror flick. This is going to be great!

So you put food in your toaster oven, get excited about a message on your answering machine, don't take the food out, grab your purse and go tanning. Well, I'm expecting her house to burn down.

I've heard of fake and bake giving you skin cancer, but Jesus Christ!

The fat guy on the power cycle is the best.

L.A. Gear? I never thought I would see that ever again.

Death by safety pin. How oxymoronic.

Ted Prior is a beast!

  I'm just in it to watch the ladies pump their asses and legs in the air.

The one chick that wants you is the one you don't want. What a surprise.

 Killer Workout is another fun filled hunk of 80's cheese- if that's what your hungry for. The music is out of place and to happy in certain spots, 90% of it is watching women in tight ass spandex workout outfits jilting their legs and hips everywhere while the other 10 is people getting stabbed with a gigantic safety pin, Ted Prior's beefcake ass gets in a fist fight with some jackass in the parking lot and a random fat guy peddling a powered exercise bike. I had a lot of fun with this one and I really recommend this blu-ray as an easy addition to any zits or zombies' collection. Probably the only gripe I have is that the transfer is obviously from some sort of a beta or VHS tape. But Slasher Video did an excellent job with that picture and audio, even though the video is letter boxed. BBoooooooooooooo. Oh well. You'll get it next time.   


No comments:

Post a Comment